Acquisitions Analyst/Acquisitions Associate
Moline Investment Management [MIM] | Moline Management, LLC is seeking an Acquisitions Analyst to support its ongoing portfolio growth objectives. This transactions-oriented role supports MIM’s acquisitions and dispositions activities. The successful candidate will be ‘running the numbers’ on MIM investment opportunities and acquisitions targets. This analytically intensive role requires financial modeling experience as well as a strong understanding and comfort working with financial concepts (i.e., IRR, NPV, cash on cash, equity multiple, bond math, etc.). A basic understanding of private equity is extremely helpful, as is the ability to model General Partner/Limited Partner (GP/LP) returns, splits and associated waterfall calculations. Training is available to promising candidates with strong analytical ability and finance and/or mathematics backgrounds.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- The set-up, review, and output of financial and investor models for new and active transactions
- Work with Acquisitions Team to identify initial key assumptions for pro-forma Operating Statements; modify and input same as transaction due diligence progresses
- Identifies and accumulates data from multiple sources to underwrite potential transactions from both a financial as well as market (supply, demand, rent trends) perspective
- Reviews underwriting and analyzes market data on potential real estate investment opportunities
- Adheres to MIM’s due diligence process for asset acquisition and/or property development opportunities
- Sources new real estate acquisition opportunities and tracks active deals in the market, closed deals, and ‘dead’ deals – maintains database of same, including final valuations or clearing prices for closed/dead deals
- Coordinates due diligence protocols to ensure underwriting remains vigorous and stays on track
- Coordinates the organization and management of all documents and records for the closing and funding of real estate acquisitions and/or development transactions
- Maintains external relationships with key market participants: investment sales brokers, leasing brokers, market analysts, lenders, third party engineers, financial auditors, etc
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Evaluates investments and investment returns based on discounted cash flows, return on cost, development spreads and third-party leverage; analysis also to include impact of value-added opportunities, leverage, tax, and joint venture structures
- Maintains complete and current knowledge of investment strategies and works with the Firm’s Executive Team in the execution of MIM’s investment strategy
- Collaborates and communicates with all areas and disciplines of the firm to ensure that all departments and functional areas benefit from the analysis and data coming from the Acquisitions Team (i.e., market trends, rent and sale comps, cap rates, important articles/thought leadership, generally, disseminated to asset management, etc.)
- Ensure that MIM’s financial and market risk analysis for both individual assets and the portfolio in its entirety is current and accurate
- Oversees (or undertakes directly) the coordination (with lenders and third parties) and compliance with all requirements for closing and funding of transactions
- Supports the Team in the preparation of Investment Summaries, Financing Request Memoranda and Investor communications
- Lead the disposition process of apartment investments across markets, including securing internal approvals and negotiation of key deal-related documentation
- Ability and desire to travel to various markets for purposes of due diligence (i.e., property and market evaluation, property tours, broker meetings, investor presentations, etc.).
This position would be appropriate for degreed candidates in either Economics, Finance, Business and/or Mathematics at the undergraduate or graduate level (M.A., M.B.A. and Ph.D. candidates are encouraged to apply).
- Experience and proficiency with Excel
- Analytical/reasoning skills to assemble and analyze disparate information
- Reasoning skills to effectively and timely identify viable investment opportunities which meet both the long and short term goals of multiple investor clients
- One to three years of transaction experience, preferably in the apartment/multifamily sector, and having previously worked within one or more of the following business settings: commercial real estate brokerage/investment sales/capital markets and/or private equity
- Demonstrable track record of transaction activity, preferably within the apartment/multifamily sector
- Knowledge of and experience with real estate information services and data sources a plus.
Interested candidates may forward their resumes/CVs along with a cover letter describing their interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moline Investment Management [MIM] | Moline Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Moline Investment Management [MIM] | Moline Management, LLC makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.